CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Untouchable


Shunned by the world,

Sit I in the corner,

Numb,betrayed and hurt,

All these people-oh so curt,

The cruelty that I bear,

Wrong that I hear,

Abuses that ring,

Auible to the heart as well,

No warmth, no gesture of kindness,

Untouched I was, Untouched I am, still,

Basking in the Modern Era,

I longed to be accepted,

To feel Love, Kndness and Wrmth,

But all i get is Wrath,

All 'cuz I was born not at the heights,

But at a level so low,

That I was only always asked to bow,

I was, The Untouchable...and still am The Untouchable...



In reference to the prevalence of Untouchability in India..which is still practised in the rural areas although it has been abolished under article 17 of the Cnstitution...

2 comments:

Anubhuti Mishra said...

its like....a tad morbid...but very aptly conveys d thot...

PS- better dan ur project neday da! :P

Pelton said...

very true! India's traditions and cultures are aptly responsible, de british did deir best, 60 yrs after dey left v r yet 2 overcome dis tragedy

keep bloggin!!